Beyond Academics provides support for students with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities at UNC Greensboro. Students must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for possible admission:
- Have a documented diagnosis of intellectual disability and/or developmental disability. Refer to the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities for the definition of intellectual disability.
- Be their own legal guardian
- Be at least 18 years old before August 1st of the fall semester for which they are applying
- Have concluded secondary education with a diploma, certificate of completion, or equivalent before fall enrollment
- Have basic safety skills in unsupervised settings during non-service hours
- Have personal desire and/or support from family to gain necessary skills for self-determination, independent living, and career development