Fall 2020 Application deadline November 1, 2019 *
- Applications are considered complete when all required documents are submitted (see checklist below)
- Application status notifications will be sent by January 31st
- * Students will create an account to start a new Integrative Community Studies certificate application using the same application management system as the Graduate School. The application will only be submitted to the Office of Comprehensive Transition and Postsecondary Education.
- See additional instructions for creating an account and completing your Integrative Community Studies application.
- Once applications are received and reviewed, students are notified by email with additional information about their application status.
- Applications are processed by the order in which they are submitted, and reviewed by the Beyond Academics admissions committee.
- If selected, personal meetings will be held with prospective students and their parent(s) or supporting family member(s).
- Due to the number of applications received, the Beyond Academics Admissions committee may not meet with every applicant.
- Completed application
- High School Transcript. Students can upload an unofficial copy to their application. If admitted, our office will request an official copy.
- Current Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- A current psychological evaluation (within three (3) years of application) must include:
- Assessment of intellectual/cognitive ability
- Assessment of educational achievement in areas of reading, mathematics, and written language
- Assessment of adaptive behavior measuring areas of conceptual, social, and practical skills
- If receiving services from a human services provider, a copy of your most recent individual support plan
- Three (3) recommendations from two (2) educators and one (1) professional and/or personal non-family member who has known the student for at least one (1) year.
- Recommenders will receive a Recommendation Request from Integrative Community Studies (Beyond Academics) at UNC Greensboro. The link they receive will be unique to the student’s application and will indicate the applicant is applying to UNC Greensboro Graduate School since our office uses the same application management system. The recommendation will be submitted to the Office of Comprehensive Transition and Postsecondary Education.
- Letters of Recommendation should describe
- How the person knows the applicant
- How they believe the applicant would benefit from Beyond Academics at UNC Greensboro in areas of:
- Life Planning
- Career Development
- $75 nonrefundable application fee